NDesk provides standards-based implementations of open specifications pertaining to the free desktop. An emphasis is placed on correctness, performance and portability, with MIT licensing terms used to ensure that the platform code is available to all integrators without bias.
This site also hosts projects which integrate the standard implementations to produce original research into the desktop platform that has already yielded inspiration and working code for applications that ship today with the GNOME desktop environment, Xorg and other projects.
NDesk git repositories (current)
NDesk svn repositories (pre-migration)
- Managed D-Bus -- desktop IPC system
- xnb -- X11 protocol library
- xdg-net -- freedesktop.org XDG spec implementations
- compiz-sharp -- desktop effects
- NDesk.Options -- program option parser
- D-Bus Explorer -- A GTK+ interface for viewing D-Bus service APIs
- directfb-sharp -- DirectFB binding, not updated since 2002 but includes a binding generator
- alsa-sharp -- ALSA binding, control interface only so far
- v4l2-sharp -- Video for Linux 2
- NBind binding incubator -- Experimental GOBject bindings: gdkgl, gtkgl, poppler, egg, metacity, xsettings, wnck, hildon